Welcome to my little blog

Hi all and welcome to my blog. Thank you for popping in and feel free to have a good browse. I'm hoping to be adding cards on a regular basis, probably not daily but as often as I can. Thanks for dropping in and I hope you'll visit again soon.

Tuesday, 16 June 2009

In The Jungle

Todays card is for the SCSC. This weeks theme, In The Jungle, has been set by Wendy. Image is a CC Designs rubber stamp, coloured with Promarkers and the papers are from Sweet Shoppe Designs and are by Zoe Pearn. You wouldn't believe the trouble I had with this card, first of all I bought the papers but for some reason WinZip refused to unzip them so I had to download another extractor. Then I layered the paper onto pink card and realised I only had a little bit left to layer the image onto so had to cut the image down really small so I think it kinda looks out of place. Then to top it all off I put the gems in the corner and they were the wrong shade of Pink so don't really match but once i'd put them on I couldn't get them off again without ripping the paper so in the end I gave up and left them there.

16 comments:

Happy Crafter said...

Awe Wendy, For all your troubles its a lovely card love the monkey and gorgeous papers,i wish my troublesome cards would turn out half as nice as this:)
Val xxx

Elena said...

this monkey is so cute! I think that gems looks great here!

Biscuitlid said...

All yoru worries for n othing, the image doesn't look out of place and the paper and gems look a perfect match to me.

Love it

Victoria
x

Jacee said...

Cute card Wendy, nice papers

Jane Carroll said...

u think lots went wrong but you've created a fabby card

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Mel said...

Fab card love the those cc monkeys and great paper your gems look fab too :)
Mel x

Mina said...

oh wow how cute is that little monkey...your papers are a perfect match to this fab image too xxx

cats whiskers said...

What a great cute card hun love that monkey
Hugs Jacqui x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Wendy,l love the papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

An absolutely lovely card with such a cute monkey image and lovely papers too! hugs Linda x

Donna said...

Lovely little card Wendy and perfect for this weeks jungle theme...thanks for joining us at SCSC for this weeks challenge :) Donna x

Beryl said...

You should have kept stum about that as the card looks perfect. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who messes up sometimes though.
Beryl xx

Natalie said...

Super cute card Wendy. x

queenjolene99 said...

Friggin' cutie patootie monkey and layout!!

strawberry fields said...

love the image
fiona x

Jill said...

gorgeous card Wendy Love the monkey and the yummy DP, thanks so much for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx