Welcome to my little blog

Hi all and welcome to my blog. Thank you for popping in and feel free to have a good browse. I'm hoping to be adding cards on a regular basis, probably not daily but as often as I can. Thanks for dropping in and I hope you'll visit again soon.

Friday, 30 January 2009

ABC Challenge - Y is for Yesteryear.

This weeks ABC Challenge is Y is for Yesteryear.

We would like you all to dig out one of the first stamps you brought from the bottom of your craft box and give it a new lease of life. If you could tell us when you got it etc it would be wonderful as some of them will be out of date now and it would be lovely to know their names.

Well this is the first stamp I bought when I first started card making a bit over two years ago. It's the Papernations Singing Girl stamp and I have coloured her with Promarkers. I actually quite like this stamp but when I first got her I hadn't stamped before and did a botch job of colouring her with pencils, didn't like the effect I got so put her away and gave up on stamping for a while. Then I discovered watercolouring, Copics and Promarkers and now there's no stopping me. Sentiment is an Elzybells stamp and papers are from Doodlebug

20 comments:

Jill said...

aww Wendy this is gorgeous I love the image, I know what you mean about the colouring my first attempts were awful lol. It did put me off abit, but now stamping is my fav thing hugs Jill x

Alison said...

This is fantastic Wendy, love it. Have a lovely weekend. Thanks for joining in the ABC challenge this week.

Jane Carroll said...

lovely card

thanks for joining us this week on ABC

hugs jane x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Oh Wendy, what a lovely card hunny, lovely image and fabulous papers too. Hugs Linda x

gina said...

gorgeous card as always Wendy,
Gina xxx

Donna said...

Pretty card Wendy :) Donna x

Marcea said...

This is really lovely - it is great going over your old stash
have a fab weekend and thanks for joining us this week
-x-

Sue said...

beautiful card Wendy and gorgeous colour combo:)

sue
xx

cats whiskers said...

Oh love this brings back memories of my decoupaging days, I love paper nation' Great card and great coloring
Hugs Jacqui x

Natalie said...

Really pretty card Wendy, I love the flowers. x

Elaine said...

Awww so sweet Wendy... love your colours and that sentiment stamp is lovely :)

Elaine x

WeirdCat said...

Pretty colours and card, good interpretation

Debbie said...

Great card Wendy! I love the image and your colouring is wonderful. Debbie x

Macpurp said...

what a cute stamp!
i dug out my hobby arts and i used pencils on it for the first time in ages after using promarkers and I am not keen on result!
this is a lovely girlie card!
love teen x

POPPET said...

this is great love the choice of colours you have used, have a great weekend hugs Pops x x x

Elena said...

What a fun challenge, Wendy!
It was very interesting for me to read how you started stamping! I use pencils now... what will be next, don't know yet!
Your coloring with Promarkers is beautiful!!!

Bev said...

Brilliant card Wendy - looking at all the cards entered in this weeks challenge sure has been a trip down memory lane.
hugs Bev x

Rach said...

such a sweet card. hugs rachxx

Becky said...

Gorgeous card Wendy, I remember my first attempts at stamping, much the same as yours I think!! Thank heavens for good colouring mediums!!
Love Becky xx

Vicky (Angeldrummer) said...

a lovely card - thank you for joining us on abc this week