Welcome to my little blog

Hi all and welcome to my blog. Thank you for popping in and feel free to have a good browse. I'm hoping to be adding cards on a regular basis, probably not daily but as often as I can. Thanks for dropping in and I hope you'll visit again soon.

Saturday, 6 December 2008

Another Quickie Card

My friend asked me if I could make a quick Christmas card for her grandaughter's teacher so thought I would try to fit it in with a couple of challenges. The first challenge is the SCSC which this week is a theme set by the very talented Kim, EMBOSSING, HEAT OR DRY and with a bit of a stretch I think I can use it for the PTW challenge which is a recipe. They would like to see
1 ribbon
2 rectangles and
3 small, round embellishments (zooms, eyelets, brads, buttons, gems etc!)
My 1 ribbon is the bow, the 2 rectangles are the white cardstock that I have stamped onto and embossed and the red cardstock that I have layered it onto (I hope this counts) and the 3 small, round embellishments are gems, 1 either side of the greeting and if you look closely you will see a small one on the mistletoe that the little birdie is holding. I have used a PB stamp which I have coloured with Promarkers.

23 comments:

♦-♦-Elaine-♦-♦ said...

Awwww this is just sooo sweet Wendy.. lovely image and beautifully coloured as always ;)

Elaine x

joey said...

Hi Wendy I love this!!! the embossing is fabulous.xxx

** Irene ** said...

Wow, stunning I just love it, its perfect.

luv
irene
xxxx

Chrissie said...

Such a sweet little image Wendy and it looks fabulous with the cuttlebugged papers. Perfect for a teacher's card.

cats whiskers said...

Oh Wendy this is stunning love the White and Red so classy and great little image, will be loved by whoever receives it
Hugs Jacqui x

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Wendy, love the embossed papers and the cute image. Your colouring is fabulous. Debbie x

Anonymous said...

It's perfect, Wendy. The teacher will love it!! Love LizC x

denise said...

Its gorgeous, love it, Deinse x

juliejules said...

This is so lovely, love the embossing. Jules
xx

Jane Carroll said...

stunning card wendy

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC

hugs jane x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Wow what a lovely idea, this card is great, Hazel xox

Jill said...

aww Wendy this is just gorgeous I love the embossing and red ribbon, cute image and perfect colouring thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x

Poppy said...

gorgeous card love it
poppy

Donna said...

Brilliant card Wendy, thanks for joining us at SCSC again this week :) Donna x

Sue said...

gorgeous card as always wendy,thanks for joining us at scsc:)

sue
xx

Elena said...

Really love this card! Love your idea with the embossing! Very very inspiring!

Jilli said...

Aww this is so cute, love the simplicity of it! Jillix

Natalie said...

Beautiful card Wendy. x

Simone said...

This is so cute!!!
I am a teacher too, but I have never got such a lovely cards!
Simone

steph said...

Aww that's a gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us for the PTW recipe challenge!

Alison said...

Adorable card Wendy so cute, love it.

Secret Crafter said...

This is adorable. Love the image and the colouring in is fab. Wendy x

LOUISE said...

Great card Wendy, love the embossed effect, it really brings out the image. Louise x